Thursday 5 February 2009

'Hope sex' and O babies!

Not a very 'PC' post title I know but at least we got your attention!

This from yesterday's Times 2:

"I was highly delighted when Tony Blair won the 1997 general election but I can't, in truth, say I was so ecstatic that I dragged some man off the street for a bit of celebratory coitus. Not so in America, apparently.

"High on the euphoria of Obama's presidency we're told that people have been jumping on each other just like after the 9/11 terror attacks. Then it was called “apocalypse sex”, now it is being called “hope sex” - expressing one's new-found optimism via the act of fornication.

“It felt like it was a natural extension of our celebrations,” one Obama copulater tells Grazia magazine...It would be nice to believe that ordinary, hard-working Americans are enjoying a love in (which we're told will be followed by a baby boom - O babies - as couples throw contraceptions to the wind). Because, on a micro level, it would represent natural justice."

Interesting!

I wonder if Rhodri Morgan's successor will have a similar effect here?!

Dewi Dau

Share

No comments: