As it’s coming up to Christmas, I thought we should enter into the spirit of the Nadolig here at Politics Cymru, so I’ve taken some time to draw up a Christmas wish list for the four main parties of Wales . A bit of light hearted fun for Crimbo.
Please post us some of your suggestions.
1) An AM with some charisma and profile to take over from Big Rhod after he’s hung up his boots.
2) A new Secretary of State for Wales, someone who’s a bit more pro devolution, so they can pass their legislative agenda without fighting with the Welsh Affairs Select Committee first.
3) Some good press
1) (Early Present) The Welsh Language LCO gets Royal Assent
2) The All Wales Convention report back and say: “of course they want full powers, why were you worried!?”
3) The Barnett formula is remade and doubles the amount of funding Wales receives from central Government
1) A new Leader
2) A David Cameron Government in London
3) A long and deep recession
NB: Not an IPOD, they’ve got some already apparently
1) A European Parliament member from Wales
2) A Welsh identity
3) A couple of AMs would be nice
Let me know what you think and post your suggestions!
Budget week coming up.
1 hour ago